How do you know the food you're about to eat has been prepared safely?! Andrea Cassell returns to show Brett and Sierra some food preparation safety tips!
Tips for Safe Food Handling/Preparation
1. Always wash hands with warm soapy water before handling food.
2. Make sure all surfaces are well cleaned too.
3. Don't cross-contaminate... mark seperate cutting boards by marking
them with a permanent marker. Ex: Vegetables,poultry and meat.
4. Cook food at correct temperature. Use a food thermometer.
5. Don't wash poultry. It spreads bacteria everywhere.
6. Refrigerate promptly... Don't let anything set out unless kept warm or chilled.
7. Never thaw food out on the counter. Keep in the refrigerator, until thawed.
8. Always marinate in the refrigerator.
9. Clean cutting boards occasionally, with 1 tablespoon of liquid
bleach to 1 gallon of water. After each use, wash with hot soapy
10. Buffet style serving, should have chafing dishes,slow cookers or
warming trays to keep food warm and Ice is needed to keep food
11. Having or going to outdoor parties? Watch out for food being left
out like potato salad. (unless chilled)
12. If food has been left out without proper heating or
cooling, DON'T EAT IT!!!!!
Food safety is important to your health and well being! BE SAFE!