Each year, the week-long Riverfest includes dozens of individual events.
“Getting feedback from the community about the type of events they’d like to have in Riverfest is an important component of our planning process,” noted Janet Wright, President/CEO in a press release. “We’re always open to new ideas as well as the possibility of bringing back traditional events with an updated twist. We need people who have a special interest to share ideas with us.”
Wichita Festivals says it’s looking for new event ideas for 2013. They ask that the event suggestions meet the following criteria:
- Location should preferably be in the downtown river core area; off-site locations will be considered depending on the nature of the event.
- Must provide quality entertainment at a reasonable price – both to the participant and the sponsor;
- Must attract and sustain community involvement and be attractive to diverse audiences, both culturally and age specific.
- Fund raising events are prohibited.
- All WFI timelines outlined in the event development process must be met in order for the event to be included in the Riverfest schedule.
- Past and traditional events are encouraged, such as raft races, bed races, horseshoes, etc.
New ideas must be submitted using the Riverfest New Event Proposal and Budget form which can be found at www.wichitariverfestival.com.
The deadline for submission to Wichita Festivals, Inc. is 5 pm, November 16. Those submitting completed information will be contacted by WFI to further explore the idea outlined.
The 2013 Riverfest is scheduled for May 31 through June 8.