Wichita house fire caused by overloaded outlet

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) The Wichita Fire Department says a fire last week was sparked by an overloaded outlet. Fire officials say there were several extension cords plugged into a single outlet, and one of those cords went to a space heater.

Two people were hurt in the fire, both have since been treated and released from the hospital.

Fire officials remind everyone that space heaters should be plugged directly into the wall, and never to an extension cord.
----

Fire investigators arrived on scene around 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Crews say the fire has been knocked down, it was contained to the second level of the home.

Two were taken to the hospital for treatment. One of them was transported in critical condition.

Investigators do not have a cause of the fire. Eyewitness News has a crew headed to the scene to gather more details.