Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KWCH-12 CBS Affiliate - #1 rated legacy station located in the beautiful central region of Kansas has a proud heritage with a forward thinking strategy. KWCH-12 is the market leader with viewers relying on news and weather coverage. Along with strong news ratings, the #1 website, ACC/SEC/CBS Sports and CBS Primetime, we deliver the results for our advertisers.
KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a part-time Technical Media Producer to join the #1-rated news team in Kansas. This position is responsible for operating broadcast production equipment for producing newscasts and Master Control Operations. The individual selected will also be responsible for camera shots, audio, technical direction of the newscasts as well as segmenting shows, commercial dubbing and monitoring our nine streams.
We’re seeking someone part time to work in news operation or in a live broadcast environment. A high school diploma or GED is required as well as a driver’s license with a clean driving record. Some college or vocational schooling is also required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operates studio camera and Chyron as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming
• Responsible for operating the teleprompter, controlling the pace
• Use non-linear editing when necessary
• Responsible for the input and recall of all news graphics for daily newscasts and the construction and input of graphic elements for all production in studio and for mobile services
• Communicates instructions to talent and guests during live and live-on-tape productions
• Produce daily/weekly promos
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Will be required to operate field cameras and lighting equipment as required while assisting with remote production events
• Operate robotic cameras
• Helps to assure a high quality broadcast by monitoring on air and cable broadcast signals, following the program log to air programs, breaks and promotions.
• Monitors and controls transmitter output and resolves any on-air problems
• Provides support for future broadcasts by recording programs from satellite feeds by dubbing tapes from various sources.
• Utilizes multiple on-air play lists to ensure playback of all programs, commercials, and promotions according to standard departmental procedures.
• Helps to assure compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining transmitter and discrepancy logs, equipment incident report, daily reports of records, and the Master Control Log.
• Communicates with sites and studios regarding accurate start and end times for live event segments and the airing of promotions. Responsible for making necessary adjustments to appropriate lists and logs.
• Basic knowledge of television production
• Photoshop and After Effects experience a plus.
• Must be able to maneuver studio cameras and pedestals to different heights, locations and angles
• Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights.
• Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final-Cut Pro, Chyron, and Photoshop
• Basic knowledge of audio levels
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Must be able to follow written and verbal direction
• Excellent listening skills, good communication skills required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google
• Must be flexible to work other shifts
• Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines
• Must be able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
• Must have an energetic attitude and be able to represent all TV stations in public in a positive, professional manner
***send your reel and resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online
KWCH-TV / Gray Television Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify, is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. Also, if applicable to the position, MVR/Driver’s review and testing. EOE (All positions must show flexibility for evolving or changing operational needs. Hours, shifts, responsibilities, etc. are subject to change at management discretion.) Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.