When you’re in an accident, sometimes your mind is too focused on what happened rather than what you should do. Auto Works Collision Center has given us some helpful tips for you for before, during and after your visit.
- Always report an accident to the police.
- It may seem like a “fender bender” but it could end up costing you several hundred dollars!
- Get a drivers' information-exchange form from the police
- Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses, if applicable. You may need them later.
- Call your insurance agent immediately.
- The insurer may deny your claim if you don’t report the accident.
- Include all information on your insurance application.
- Adjuster inspection may be necessary to determine the amount of estimates needed or specific requests for repairs.
- Make sure your insurance company agrees to pay before you start any repairs.
- Check all repairs.
- Review all the repairs at the shop, then again at home.
- Get a copy of itemized repairs on a form printed with the repair shop’s name and address.
- Choose your repair shop.
- You may be able to choose your repair shop, or your insurance company may have a list of approved shops for you to choose from.
If you have questions, you can call Auto Works Collision Center at (316) 943-3507 or visit their website at http://www.autoworkscollision.com/
Disclosure: This content is provided by or on behalf of a local business. The content is not subject to the editorial policies of the FetchToto newsroom and is not reviewed for accuracy, objectivity or balance.