Pests consider warm weather as an invitation to share your home or backyard. When cold weather leaves Kansas, they seem to show up everywhere! Hassman Termite wants to help you know what kinds of pests are most common during summertime and how to keep them away.
Some of the most common summer pests in Kansas are ants, termites, mosquitoes, yellow jackets, wasps, house flies, clover mites (who feed on your grass) and brown recluse spiders. This spider’s bite can sometimes be dangerous and will create a painful, deep wound that takes a long time to heal.
Luckily, Hassman Termite has some easy tips that will help protect you:
- Keep trash away from kitchens and doors. This is the easiest way for pests to access the food they want inside your home.
- Get a home inspection. Insects like termites can damage your home extensively and quickly.
- Fix leaky faucets. Bugs will look beyond their normal means to find food in dry climates.
- Make sure your window screens are intact with no tears.
- Clean your gutters. Insects like mosquitoes tend to like moisture and can access your home easily.
- Keep tight seals on food.
- Hire an exterminator, especially if you see cockroaches, mice or bedbugs. They reproduce easily and will not leave by themselves.
Check out Hassman Termite's website for more pointers on pest control. http://www.hassmantermite.com/pests/