A man and woman are hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to our news partners at KFDI radio, the pair were running a gas-powered generator inside a building they are renovating.
Fire Captain Chuck Peaster says people helping the pair renovate returned to the home in the 2500 block of S. Holyoke around 5:30 Tuesday evening. The people helped the man and woman out of the home and called 911.
Early signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include flu-like symptoms, a headache and a cherry-red face. Authorities remind people not to run generators in enclosed spaces.
*Our news partners at KFDI radio contributed to this report.