Hutchinson police have arrested three people in connection with more than a dozen break-ins and burglaries in recent months.
Police say a tip to Crime Stoppers helped lead investigators to two adults and one teenager. Investigators believe the trio broke into, stole from and vandalized 15 businesses and churches in Hutchinson.
Prosecutors have charged 24-year-old Justin Lee Branscom of Hutchinson with 4 counts of burglary, 4 counts of criminal damage, 1 count of criminal trespass and 1 count of theft.
Prosecutors also charged 19-year-old Tyler Schmucker with 5 counts burglary, 5 counts criminal damage and 4 counts theft. A 16-year-old has been charged with 14 counts burglary, 14 counts criminal damage and 12 counts of theft.
Police believe the three are responsible for the following burglaries:
- Pic Quick, 800 south Main on 4-10-12
- Pic Quick, 800 south Main on 4-17-12
- Pic Quick, 800 south Main on 4-24-12
- Pic Quick, 800 south Main on 6-12-12
- Grace Episcopal,2 Hyde Park on 4-25-12
- Eastwood Church of Christ, 2500 N Plum on 4-29-12
- Our Redeemer Lutheran, 407 E 12th on 6-25-12 & 6-27-12
- Seventh Day Adventist, 1302 N Severance on 6-30-12
- Trinity United Methodist, 1602 N Main on 7-19-12 & 7-23-12
- First Congregational, 3410 N Plum on 7-23-12
- First Baptist Church, 800 North Main on 7-23-12
- Hutchinson High School, 810 E 13th on 7-29-12
- Dillon’s, 1319 N Main on 8-3-12
Branscom and Schmucker are in custody of the Reno County Sheriff, each on a $45,000 bond. The teenager is in the juvenile facility.