Update: Arkansas City police say an autopsy performed on a young boy who died Tuesday determined the boy ingested rust remover which contained hydrofluoric acid. That liquid caused gastric intestinal hemorrhaging.
Police say the final report from the autopsy won't be available until a later date.
Police took three other children into protective custody in connection with the incident. The investigation is ongoing.
Two-year-old Davin Manly's toys are still scattered around his Dad's front porch.It's very quiet in the 700 block of East Jackson Avenue compared to what neighbors saw Tuesday morning.
"There were probably about three police cars over there, an ambulance, and a vehicle from the fire department," neighbor Max Jones said.
Davin's dad, Ernest Manly, told Eyewitness News he called 911 about an hour after he brought his son home from an overnight stay at the babysitter's house. Manly said the babysitter told him Davin drank a clear fluid from a water bottle sitting on her coffee table.
"The child had ingested some type of rust remover or hydrofluoric acid-which caused the stomach to hemorrhage," Ark City Police Chief Sean Wallace said.
Davin died at the hospital Tuesday afternoon. Now, the Ark City Police Department is looking into Davin's death.
Chief Wallace says they're still investigating the fluid that Davin drank and whether or not it was used to make drugs. As for the babysitter's three children, they are doing just fine. But officers are waiting on toxicology results from them as well.
"We have taken them into police protective custody. And they are in foster homes at this time," Wallace said.
Davin's death is still under investigation and no one is charged with his death.