2:34 AM CDT, May 18, 2011
HUNTINGTON BEACH ( KTLA) -- Two teenagers whose bodies were found in a vacant apartment died of accidental overdoses.
Aaron Saenz, 15, of Westminster and Chelsea Taylor, 16, were discovered January 21 in a vacant apartment on Huntington Village Lane.
The OC Coroner says both teens had methadone, alprazolam and hydroxyalprazolam in their systems.
Doxylamine was also identified in Aaron's autopsy and ethanol in Chelsea's, according to the report.
Police found an empty can of the controversial energy drink Four Loko in the apartment.
Four Loko, known as "blackout in a can," is a fruity caffeinated drink that contains 6% to 12% alcohol.
Police say there were other indications of possible drug and/or alcohol use inside the apartment as well.
The beverage, sold in a 23.5-ounce container, is equivalent to drinking about four beers plus a strong cup of coffee, health experts say.
It's banned in several states due to health warnings but it remains legal in California.