KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
9:00 PM CST, December 23, 2012
Wichita firefighters are called out after a fire in a chimney gets out of control.
The fire broke out late Sunday afternoon in the 1600 block of N. Rutgers Street. That's near 13th and Maize. Crews say they were able to contain the fire to the chimney. It caused about $7,000-$10,000 worth of damage.
Fires like this are something firefighters say they see an increase in this time of the year, especially as the weather gets colder. These sort of fires have especially been bad this year due to the dry weather. Firefighters say the best way to prevent chimney fires from happening are to make sure you have your chimney cleaned every year.
Copyright © 2013, KWCH-TV