The company owes $434,939 in unpaid sales taxes accumulated between June 2011 and October 2012. The Department of Revenue seized all bank accounts, on-site cash and other assets at ten restaurants Tuesday. The state says it made several attempts to recover the money before closing the restaurants.
By filing for bankruptcy, the company will now decide which of the ten locations to reopen. It will allow those employees to return back to work.
Below is a list of the ten locations closed this week.
1. 929 North Broadway St., Wichita
2. 2015 South Seneca, Wichita
3. 460 North West, Wichita
4. 3257 E. Harry St., Wichita
5. 1303 North Tyler, Wichita
6. 11333 East Central Ave., Wichita
7. 125 North Baltimore Ave., Derby
8. 2506 N. Summit St. Arkansas City
9. 1603 West Wyatt Earp Blvd., Dodge City
10. 2102 N.W. Topeka Blvd., Topeka