Wichita fire investigators say smoking in the presence of medical oxygen is to blame for a fire that sent two people to the hospital late Tuesday.The fire started around 9:20 Tuesday night at the Willow Creek Manor Apartments. The complex is just to the west of Southeast High School near Harry & Oliver.
Paramedics took one person to a Wichita hospital in critical condition with burns. Two other people were also hurt but one refused treatment.
Both victims are expected to be released from the hospital today.
The fire itself was in one apartment, but smoke filled the fourth floor of the six-floor apartment building. Residents of that floor have been allowed back into their rooms.
Damage is estimated at around $50,000.