A man accused of firing shots at a west Wichita restaurant is now facing federal charges.
Federal prosecutors charged Sean Costa, 24, with unlawful possession of a firearm in court last week.
Costa was arrested after a disturbance at McDonalds, 6350 W. Kellogg, Jan. 9. Police said he fired a shot at another customer's car. Costa told police the other driver cut in front of him in the drive thru line.
The shot gun blast struck a post between the driver's side front and back doors of the victim's car.
Costa drove away from the scene. Police later located his car in the 2400 block of Newell. Costa surrendered after a four-hour standoff with police.
Costa was charged in federal court due to a prior aggravated assault conviction in 2011.
Sedgwick County prosecutors charged Sean Costa and another suspect, Melissa Palacios, with aggravated assault with a shot gun, aggravated assault with a tire iron and criminal possession of a firearm Jan. 11.
He faces a maximum penalty of 10 year in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.