By Ryan Johnson
KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
11:21 AM CST, January 2, 2013
A north Wichita home suffers heavy smoke damage from a fire Tuesday night. Our news partners at KFDI says the fire started because someone was smoking in bed.
Fire crews responded to the home in the 1700 block of north Chautauqua just before 6 p.m. Tuesday. When they arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the house.
Crews say the fire itself was in the living room and a front bedroom. There's no damage estimate at this time.
Three people were in the house, they were able to get out and call 911. The residents in the home were displaced for the night due to the damage.
Copyright © 2013, KWCH-TV