This all happened at Via Christi hospital on Harry Friday night.
Eyewitnesses say, they weren't sure what was going on.
"I saw lights reflecting off of the glass and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. My co-worker came in and told me there were a lot of fire trucks at the hospital," says Coraima Gomez who works next door to the hospital.
A hospital spokeswoman says two men were upgrading the hospitals electrical systmem when a fire started. It shut off the main supply of electricity, forcing the hospital to run on a back-up generator.
One of the electricians was seriously hurt after being burned.
None of the patients were injured, but visitors say they're concerned about their loved ones and the care they're receiving.
"She says they were walking around here with flashlights, all night," says Sabrina Tackett.
Tackett's sister-in-law has been in the hospital for four days. She says the staff has postponed her tests because the machines aren't fully working.
"She has no electric in her room at all, she can't watch tv, no fan, she's on oxygen but it's going by a tank, you know and it's just not good, they're gonna have to get on it," says Tackett.
The hospital staff is working to get the power fully restored and visitors say they're hoping for the best.
"As far as I know, where I come from on the 6th floor, there's no lights, it's dim and she just sits in her room and hopes the electric will come on," says Tackett.
As soon as power is restored, KWCH 12 Eyewitness News will let viewers know both on-air and online.