Wichita firefighters have a message for homeowners after two fires with similar causes.
The first fire in the 2000 block of 1st Street was caused by electrical wiring in the attic of a home. Hours later, another fire started in another home because of the same reason.
Investigators say this is a big concern and something they usually see this time of the year. They say it's easy to overload circuits, especially in older homes.
A circuit breaker that trips regularly can be a sign that there's a dangerous problem. Both on Tuesday's fires caused $10,000 worth of damage.