Four people are hospitalized in northeast Kansas for carbon monoxide poisoning that authorities blame on a car left running inside a closed garage.
The fire department in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park says two adults and two children were taken from a home around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Two people were reported in critical condition and two in serious condition.
A passer-by noticed a sick teenager in the home's front yard.
Emergency responders found the other three people inside the house.
Family members said the car was accidentally left running Tuesday night inside the garage with the door closed.
The level of carbon monoxide inside the house registered more than 40 times higher than safe exposure levels.