How well does Kansas show its love for the red, white and blue?
Not well at all, if you believe a recent blog study, which ranks the Sunflower state #42 in the nation for its level of patriotism.
Online real estate brokerage site Movoto released a list of rankings, based on what it calls a "pretty good" methodology.
States were measured on the following criteria:
- National Historic Landmarks per Capita
- Veterans per Capita
- Money Spent to Fund Veterans
- Percent of Residents That Voted in the Last Presidential Election
- People Who Google For American Flags to buy
- People Who List America as an Interest on Facebook
South Carolina came in #1, boosted mostly by its top score in the Google search category and a #7 ranking in per capita veterans.
Maine, North Carolina, Wyoming and Virginia rounded out the top 5. California was 50th in the rankings.
The #42 ranking was a disappointment to Kansans we spoke with. Many disagreed and said they didn't need a blog to tell them the state is patriotic.