Fire caused $200K of damage to Caldwell's historic building
Update, Nov. 13: The fire chief in Caldwell has confirmed there was nothing suspicious about a fire that damaged one of the town's historical buildings last week.
The fire caused approximately $200,000 in damage.
An accidental fire damaged a historic stone building in downtown Caldwell.
The fire broke out near 30th St. and south Main at Last Chance Bar and Grill around 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
Click here to see a photo gallery from the fire
David Mardis, a local business owner, said he was one of the first on the scene, when the building was fully involved with smoke and flames.
Mardis said it appeared the kitchen at the Last Chance Bar and Grill was on fire, and there was smoke damage throughout the building.
Karen Sturm, Caldwell Director of Tourism, said the building is being gutted by the fire, which appeared to travel up the wall. It does not appear to have spread to nearby buildings, she said.
There have been no reports of injuries, although one firefighter was taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion. He has since checked out.
Crews from five towns responded to the fire.