PARK CITY, Kan. -

A barbeque grill was too close to a Park City home, starting a fire over the weekend.

It happened in the 1600 block of North Denver in Park City around 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

Crews arrived to find smoke showing from the back of the home. The fire had spread to the sides of the home and was threatening a nearby neighbor's home.

A neighbor tells Eyewitness News the grill exploded, starting the fire. Investigators have said the grill sparked the fire, but it is unknown if it exploded.

No one was hurt. Crews said a pet was inside the home at the time, but has not been located as of Monday.

Firefighters managed to get the flames under control quickly, but the fire caused significant damage to the back of the home and to the roof. Damage is estimated at $20,000.

Div. Chief Doug Williams, Sedgwick County fire, said crews also battled the weather. 

"On a hot day, the wind's blowing and the humidity is down, it makes things a lot easier [to start]," he said. A powerline also hindered their response.

During days of high heat and humidity, the fire medical and rehab officer must sign off on all crew members to return to duty after they have been dispatched to a fire call.