SHARON, Kan. -

A Barber County family is homeless after fire broke out near Sharon, Kansas.

The fire happened about 10:50 Monday morning at 11,113 S.E. Pleasant Hill Road. A spokeswoman for the Barber County Sheriff's Office said the homeowner called 911. She said the attic received significant  fire damage that spread to the bathroom.

Its believed the homeowners will stay with family and friends, because the electricity was disconnected. Crews from Medicine Lodge, Sharon, Barber County, Kiowa and Hazelton Fire Departments responded to the scene.  No one was hurt.