WICHITA, Kan. -

Update: Wichita Fire Investigations Captain Stuart Bevis says a fire at Mead Middle School on Thursday was set by a student.

Bevis says a paper towel dispenser was set on fire, and a student now faces charges.

The fire caused extensive damage to the boys restroom and prompted an evacuation of the entire building.

------

Wichita's Mead Middle School was evacuated Thursday morning after reports of a fire.

Several fire trucks were called to the school.  Firefighters found smoke, but no fire, in a bathroom.

Fire officials on the scene say students were at a pep assembly and were just being dismissed back to class when someone noticed a small fire in the boys bathroom. 

We're told there's around $1,000 in smoke damage to the school.