We now know how many veterans were on a secret waiting list at the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center in Wichita.
The director of the Wichita VA said 385 veterans were on that list and admitted the list put patients at risk. Eyewitness news has been calling and emailing officials at the Dole VA all week but they've refused to answer any questions.
Lawmakers are also asking about the unauthorized list and Sen. Jerry Moran was able to get a few answers Tuesday night. In an email from the Director of the Dole VA to Sen. Moran the director said he became aware of the unauthorized list on May 21st but wouldn't say when it started or how long the list had been used. The director also told Moran out of the 385 patient files they looked over they found 14 patients who had not received any medical care.
Both Senator Moran and Senator Pat Roberts are asking the Office of the Inspector General to open an investigation into the unauthorized list.