SALINA, Kan. -

Two people are in custody after a four-hour standoff in Salina.

Police surrounded a home near 13th and Grand, in northwest Salina, around noon Monday.

Chief Brad Nelson, Salina Police, said officers surrounded the home after receiving information of two people wanted inside.

Adam Humphrey, 29, and Heather Davis, 25, were taken into custody on several warrants according to Captain Mike Sweeney with the Salina Police Department. They were reported to be armed and dangerous, but officers found no weapons inside.

Eyewitness News was on scene where police had their guns drawn, asking those inside to 'come out the front door with their arms in the air.'

Nearby roads were closed while authorities negotiated with the Humphrey and Davis.

"Police used gas, because school was getting out, and they knew a lot of kids would be around," Nelson said.

Sweeney says Davis came out of the front door and surrendered to the police. Humphrey was later taken into custody near the back entrance of the home.

No one was hurt. Charges are pending concluding the investigation.

Nelson said the suspects were using social media to connect with family and friends during the standoff. 

"In this age with cell phones and such, we got a lot of people trying to make contact with them inside, which was not helping our cause any," Nelson said. "You can't really stop that - at least initially."

Captain Sweeney says Humphrey has Saline County warrants for unlawful possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, felony interference with a law enforcement officer and felony battery of a law enforcement officer. He also has warrants from Sedgwick County for two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and theft.

Davis has Saline County warrants for failing to appear for unlawful possession of methamphetamine and felony obstruction. She also has additional warrants in Ellis County for failure to appear on unlawful possession of Amphetamine according to Sweeney.

Sweeney said the case will be turned over to the county attorney's office for charges of felony obstruction and criminal threat. Both Davis and Humphrey told officers they planned to "shoot it out," according to Sweeney. The threat forced officers to evacuate part of the neighborhood and reroute traffic.