A Sedgwick County judge has continued a preliminary hearing for a man accused of a murder at a Wichita radio station.

Antwon Banks faces first-degree murder in the death of Daniel Flores. Flores' body was found in the basement of Steckline Communications in February. Police said Flores died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Banks, who's been in the Sedgwick County jail since February, sat by his defense attorney Wednesday without restraints and wore a gray suit.

Flores' family and former co-workers, including station owner Greg Steckline, sat in the courtroom gallery and listened to details of his death.

"It's tough for us but it's almost unbearable for the family," said Steckline.

Steckline said he's been impressed with Wichita Police detectives' work on the case.

"I know the prosecution has everything they need to put him away for a long time," Steckline said. "We knew he was the person the day that it happened. I'm just very thankful the detectives in the police department have come up with the evidence they have because it's incredible."

Officer Patrick Mallard, Wichita Police, took the stand first Wednesday morning, testifying he found Flores face-down in the basement with blood near him and on the wall. Mallard also said there was graffiti written on the wall and a fire extinguisher missing from its brackets.

Banks' ex-girlfriend, who asked to remain anonymous to the public, also testified she dated Banks from August 2013 to February 2014 and they broke up because she, "found out he was dating someone else and murdered someone."

She said she drove Banks to the radio station the night Flores was murdered. The woman told the judge Banks told her he needed to pick up his wallet from his buddy's girlfriend who worked there. She testified Banks had her park across the street.

The woman then said Banks went inside the radio station for about 15 minutes and when he came out, she says he got into the car quickly and was breathing heavily. She testified Banks said to her, "we got to get the hell up out of here."

The woman said Banks told her he had a fire extinguisher with him, although she did not see it. She said the way Banks was acting "pissed her off," so she called her sister. She said she told her sister, "I hope he didn't have me take him to go do anything stupid."

A fire extinguisher was brought up a few times during both testimonies. Police have never said what the murder weapon was, but they have said Flores died from blunt force injuries.

The woman said she stayed over with Banks that night and said he was restless in bed. She said Banks told her something bad happened and said "I shouldn't have had you take me there." She said Banks told her a fight was happening on the second level of the radio station while he was in the basement.

The next day, the woman said Banks turned on the news. She thought that was strange because she said he did not usually watch the news. She saw a story about a man being murdered at the same radio station they had been at the night before. The woman said she then asked Banks numerous times if he killed Flores.

"No," she said Banks told her.

Another girlfriend of Banks, Lisa Bryce, is the station manager at Steckline Communications and told Eyewitness News she felt she was the target. Bryce said she carries a lot of the blame on herself.

"She's a trooper and she's a very strong person," Steckline said. "She's very good at what she does with our company. We're kind of a family, and we've been together now three-and-a-half, almost four years, and we're all kind of hanging together on the issue."

Steckline said the station has made changes since the murder. He said the basement has been remodeled and the station has  improved security.

"Unfortunately, it's taken this event to wake us up and hopefully more businesses in town will see it doesn't take that much to have a security video camera around," Steckline said.

The preliminary hearing for Banks will continue Wednesday, July 23 at 1:30 p.m. At that time, a judge will decide whether there is enough evidence to send the case to trial.

Antwon Banks preliminary hearing continued