A boy playing with fire sparked a blaze that displaced a Salina family.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 600 block of Whittinghill Ave. around 4 p.m. Tuesday. They found a small fire in the living room, and quickly put out the flames.
Two people were inside the home at the time and managed to escape. No one was hurt.
Damage is extensive with broken windows, smoke and water damage. The American Red Cross has been called to help the family find temporary living arrangements.
Investigators said a 12-year-old boy started the fire after lighting some papers. The fire then grew out of control.
Firefighters said a fire safety class will be offered to the boy.