The Kansas City Royals announced today that the makeup game with the New York Yankees scheduled for Monday, August 25, will feature a 6:10 p.m. first pitch at Kauffman Stadium. The game is a makeup for the June 9 contest between the teams, with was postponed due to rain.
The August 25 contest will be televised on Fox Sports Kansas City as well as broadcast on the Royals Radio Network. The game will also feature a pregame ceremony honoring Yankees’ shortstop Derek Jeter with a video and the Royals presenting a $10,000 check to Jeter for his “Turn 2 Foundation”.
Tickets from the June 9 game will be honored for the rescheduled game. The Royals have established the following policy for fans that are unable to attend the game on August 25:
- Any fan holding paid tickets from the June 9 game may redeem those tickets for any of the remaining 2014 regular season games.
- All replacement tickets will be in the same seating category based on availability at the time of the exchange.
- All ticket exchanges must take place 48 hours in advance of the game on August 25.
- If your group purchased tickets or a suite from a Royals Group Sales representative and would like to return for the rescheduled game or any other game this season, please contact your Royals Group Sales representative.
- For group tickets (20 or more), contact the group sales office to exchange your ticket(s).
- All complimentary tickets for Monday, June 9 are only good for the rescheduled game on August 25.
- Tickets purchased through the Royals official secondary market ticket provider, StubHub.com can only be used for the rescheduled make-up game. Please refer to the StubHub.com user help section for details pertaining to postponed, rescheduled or cancelled events.
- Unredeemed parking vouchers or parking receipts will also be good for any of the remaining 2014 regular season games.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Media Relations Department at (816) 921-8000.