Discarded smoking materials spark SE Wichita house fire
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Eight people are displaced after an early-morning house fire in SE Wichita.
Crews were called to the 10600 block of E. Fawn Grove, that’s near Harry and Greenwich, shortly before 1:00 a.m. Tuesday.
Fire officials tell us seven people live in the home and another was there visiting from out of town when the fire broke out.
No one was hurt.
A fire investigator tells us the fire was sparked by discarded smoking materials on the porch.
That fire caused around $40,000 in damage to the structure and $20,000 in damage to the contents.
Copyright 2020 KWCH. All rights reserved.