Advertisement

Dryer catches home on fire, sends 1 person to burn unit

One person is in critical condition after their dryer caught fire Saturday morning.
One person is in critical condition after their dryer caught fire Saturday morning.(KWCH 12)
Published: Jan. 2, 2021 at 2:16 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - One person is in critical condition after their dryer caught fire Saturday morning.

The Wichita Fire Department said when crews arrived to the home in the 800 block of North McComas Ave, smoke was showing from the home, they then located an individual in the home and rescued them.

The person was transported to a hospital burn unit in critical condition.

Lint build up caused the fire. The Wichita Fire Department wants to remind those to clean their lint screen after every use and to clean the exhaust vent pipe at least twice a year to avoid fires.

Wichita Bravest responded to reported house fire, additional information while responding upgraded call to person...

Posted by Wichita Fire Department on Saturday, January 2, 2021

Copyright 2021 KWCH. All rights reserved.