Sedgwick County’s WIC program returns to in-person appointments
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The Sedgwick County Health Department’s (SCHD) Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program is back to serving clients in-person. Appointments can be made between 8 a.m. to noon, and 1 to 5 p.m. by calling 316-660-7444.
WIC provides services to pregnant, breastfeeding, and recently delivered women, and their infants and children under age five. Benefits include:
- Nutrition education
- Supplemental foods with an EBT card to buy specific foods for good health
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Referrals to other medical and social services
Additional funding through the American Rescue Plan Act allows WIC to temporarily provide up to $35 per child and adult, per month, meaning WIC participants can buy and consume more healthy fruits and vegetables.
Appointments are available at the following Wichita locations:
- 1900 E. 9th ST N - Main WIC Clinic/SCHD Administration
- 1131 S. Clifton, STE. A - WIC Clifton
- 1749 S. Martinson - WIC Stanley
Copyright 2021 KWCH. All rights reserved.