Chiefs Training Camp returns to Missouri Western State University
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KWCH) – The Kansas City Chiefs announced Wednesday that its Chiefs Training Camp will return to the campus of Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, Missouri, in July and will once again be open to fans. The camp was forced to temporarily relocate to Kansas City in 2020 due to NFL COVID-19 protocols.
Practices will run from Wednesday, July 28 through Wednesday, August 18. They are free and open to the public except for dates noted at www.chiefs.com/trainingcamp/. Missouri Western will charge a $5 admission fee on three different practice days – Friday, July 30; Saturday, July 31; and Sunday, August 8. The university will also charge a $5 daily parking fee per vehicle per day, with the exception of the two exclusive Chiefs Season Ticket Member Days on Wednesday, July 28 and Tuesday, August 10. Cash will be accepted for parking.
New for 2021, all training camp tickets must be reserved in advance through the Chiefs Kingdom Rewards program at www.chiefskingdomrewards.com and due to the expected interest and demand, attendance at daily practice sessions will be limited to provide the best fan experience. Current Season Ticket Members and Chiefs Kingdom Rewards members already have Chiefs Kingdom Rewards accounts. Fans without Chiefs Kingdom Rewards accounts who wish to reserve tickets to Chiefs Training Camp presented by Mosaic Life Care must sign up for free at www.chiefskingdomrewards.com.
Ticket reservation will begin at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 7. Fans can reserve a maximum of four tickets per practice and can reserve tickets for a maximum of three separate practices through Chiefs Kingdom Rewards. Paid practice days will require advance payment to reserve tickets, while only Chiefs Season Ticket Members will have the option to reserve tickets for the exclusive Season Ticket Member Days presented by GEHA. Paid practice dates and Season Ticket Member dates do not count towards the maximum ticket reservation allotment of three practices. All tickets are mobile entry only. Due to NFL protocols for training camps with fans in attendance, no autographs are allowed.
All practice sessions will take place on the Mosaic Training Fields. All practices – with the exception of the final day of camp – will begin at 9:15 a.m. Weather and field conditions are evaluated daily. If practice is moved indoors due to poor conditions it will be closed to the general public. The club will notify fans via social media channels as soon as a decision is made.
- Wednesday, July 28 (9:15 a.m.) Exclusive Season Ticket Member Day presented by GEHA (Not Open to Public)
- Thursday, July 29 (9:15 a.m.) First Practice Open to the Public
- Friday, July 30 (9:15 a.m.) $5 Admission Fee
- Saturday, July 31 (9:15 a.m.) $5 Admission Fee
- Sunday, Aug. 1 No Practice
- Monday, Aug. 2 (9:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 (9:15 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 4 (9:15 a.m.)
- Thursday, Aug. 5 (9:15 a.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 6 (9:15 a.m.) Chiefs Alumni Day/Gatorade Junior Training Camp
- Saturday, Aug. 7 (9:15 a.m.)
- Sunday, Aug. 8 (9:15 a.m.) Family Fun Day -- $5 Admission Fee
- Monday, Aug. 9 (9:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, Aug. 10 (9:15 a.m.) Exclusive Season Ticket Member Day presented by GEHA (Not Open to Public)\
- Wednesday, Aug. 11 No Practice
- Thursday, Aug. 12 (9:15 a.m.)
- Friday, Aug. 13 No Practice
- Saturday, Aug. 14 Preseason Game No. 1 – Chiefs at 49ers – 7:30 p.m. CT
- Sunday, Aug. 15 No Practice
- Monday, Aug. 16 (9:15 a.m.)
- Tuesday, Aug. 17 (9:15 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 18 (9:15 a.m.) Military Appreciation Day presented by GEHA – Final Camp Practice
Copyright 2021 KWCH. All rights reserved.