Teen charged as adult in deadly Wichita mall shooting
Published: Mar. 28, 2023 at 4:51 PM CDT
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - A teen arrested in a deadly shooting at Towne East Mall made his first appearance as an adult hearing on Tuesday.
Te’Bryis Robinson is charged with first-degree murder and criminal use of a firearm in the March 2022 shooting death of 14-year-old TrenJ’vious Hutton.
Two weeks ago, Robinson’s case was transferred out of a juvenile court. He was 16 at the time of the shooting.
Prosecutors say, one year ago, Robinson shot and killed Hutton after a fight in the mall.
- Teen accused in deadly shooting at Wichita mall to be tried as adult
- Wichita police, community members address sharp uptick in shootings, call for calm
- Hearing set to charge teen as adult in Wichita mall shooting
- DA to try teen as an adult in Wichita mall shooting
- Police identify teen killed in Towne East mall shooting
Copyright 2023 KWCH. All rights reserved. To report a correction or typo, please email email@example.com