College student hospitalized after eating Tide Pod

Published: Jan. 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Utah State University student was hospitalized on Saturday after eating a Tide Pod.

The call came in late Saturday afternoon about an incident at an on-campus housing building.

USU police initially called the incident a "tide pod overdose." The student in question ingested a single tide pod.

The student was taken to a nearby hospital but their condition is unknown.

Earlier this month, doctors warned people not to eat the laundry pods due to health concerns.

The warning was sparked by social media posts and online videos of people participating in a challenge that involves eating the pods and filming the reaction.