The Barton County Sheriff's Office says it responded to several recent house fires which were caused by heating methods.
One of those fires happened late Sunday. Crews were called to a home along Kansas Highway 4 near Claflin at around 11:30 p.m..
They found a house fully engulfed in flames. No one was home at the time, but the Sheriff's Office says the people who live there had been using wood-burning equipment to keep the home warm.
The home is a total loss.
Crews also responded to house fires on Barton Avenue, south of Hoisington on February 8th and on NE 30th Road north of Great Bend on the 9th.
Both of those house fires were also caused by heating.
No injuries have been reported, but both of the homes were damaged.