Boil water advisory issued for Howison Heights Water District in Saline Co.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has issued a boil water advisory for the Howison Heights public water supply located in Saline County.
KDHE officials issued the advisory because of a loss of pressure.
The agency says failure to maintain adequate pressure may result in a loss of chlorine residuals and bacterial contamination.
The advisory will remain in effect until the KDHE deems conditions and the risk of contamination adequately resolved.
Customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.