WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Update: People have been let back into a Wichita elementary school after the smell of gas.
Clark Elementary School was evacuated this afternoon because of the odor.
A Wichita Public Schools spokesperson said the gas was from a sewer trap and there was never a gas leak.
A Wichita elementary school is being evacuated due to the smell of gas.
911 dispatchers say Clark Elementary School, near Governeour and Apache Drive, is being evacuated due to the smell of a gas odor.
School dismissed at 4:30 p.m.
A spokeswoman for the district says some latchkey kids have cleared the building while firefighters investigate.
Stay tuned to Eyewitness News at 5 for an update.