(KWCH) Once Kansas health officials confirmed the state's first positive case of COVID-19, organizers began re-evaluating events that may draw in large crowds.
Eyewitness News is tracking those businesses and events that have made changes to help limit the spread of coronavirus. We will post new changes to this page as we get them.
The website Wichita By E.B. has put together a comprehensive list of local restaurants impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. You'll find that list here: Wichita By E.B. Restaurant Database
- Intrust Bank going drive-thru only due to coronavirus
- Catholic Masses suspended in Wichita
- State-owned casinos in Kansas shutting down
- Doo Dah Diner has closed the restaurant portion of their business, but the market is still open.
- Chicken N Pickle announced it will close down restaurant scheduled events and operations and will remain open for to-go curbside delivery for the next two weeks.
- AMC and Regal Cinemas (which operates Warren Theatres in Wichita) have both closed all theaters until further notice.
- Several attractions in Wichita are closed down for now. You'll find the latest list, as of March 16, here: City of Wichita Coronavirus Changes.
- All 45 VASA Fitness Clubs, including the ones in Kansas, are closed starting Tuesday, March 17. The company says clubs will remain closed until further notice.
- The website Wichita by E.B. has compiled a great list of changes for local restaurants and bars. You'll find that their website
- Several establishments in Cowley County have made changes, after someone in Kay County, Oklahoma (right across the state line) tested positive for COVID-19. You'll find that list, courtesy of the Ark City Courier Traveler here: Cowley County Closures
- The Foo Fighters concert at INTRUST Bank Arena, which was originally set to happen on April 18, has been postponed. A new date has not been announced.
- All Workforce Centers of South Central Kansas are closed on Monday, March 16, 2020. This includes the Wichita Workforce Center, Butler Workforce Center in El Dorado, Cowley Workforce Center in Winfield, and Sumner Workforce Center in Wellington.
All job fairs and workshops for the week of March 16-20 are cancelled and will be rescheduled.
Management will assess ongoing operations on a day by day basis, posting the status at www.workforce-ks.com and on Workforce Center social media pages.
- YMCA Temporarily closed
- School districts across Kansas extend spring break to combat coronavirus
- Wichita Collegiate School moves to online learning amid coronavirus
- Sedgwick County Zoo closes amid coronavirus
- Kansas Department of Corrections suspends visitation at all prisons
- Visitation at the Reno County Correctional Facility
- Sororopist Women's Show and Free Family Health Fair - Canceled March 28
- Clint Black at the Kansas Star Arena
- Toby Mac at INTRUST Bank Arena
- Harlem Globetrotters at INTRUST Bank Arena
- The Delano St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship
- PGA Tour canceled in latest of suspended sporting events
- The Masters, NASCAR races postponed due to coronavirus
- Wichita Wind Surge postpones auditions for national anthem singer
- Major League Soccer suspends match play for 30 days
- Wichita Wind Surge delays start of the 2020 season due to coronavirus
- Disneyland closing on Saturday amid coronavirus fears
- ECHL suspends 2019-20 season due to coronavirus concerns
- March Madness: NCAA Tournaments canceled due to coronavirus
- NJCAA tournament postponed over novel coronavirus concerns
- Big Ten, Big 12 and the SEC cancel tournaments
- Coachella festival postponed as concerts grapple with virus
- Hollywood, Broadway brace for shutdown due to coronavirus
- MLB delays start of season; NHL and NBA suspend all games
- Kansas colleges shift classes online amid coronavirus
- KU suspends all athletics events, travel amid coronavirus concerns
- Special Olympics Kansas
• 2020 State Basketball and Cheerleading Tournaments scheduled for
• March 14-15 in Topeka and March 20-21 in Hays
• All Young Athletes Programs scheduled March 9-23
• All local team practices scheduled March 9 – 23
• KU Unified Basketball Championship game scheduled March 19