Deadline Friday for Wichita State students to apply for CARES Act Student Emergency Fund
Colleges and universities from around the country received funding through the CARES Act to distribute to students experiencing financial difficulty due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The money is meant to cover things like food, housing, course materials, healthcare, and transportation.
For students at Wichita State University, Friday is the deadline to apply.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Must be a degree-seeking student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (or 5 credit hours for graduate students) in the Spring 2020 semester;
• Must be eligible to receive Title IV aid;
• Must have submitted a 2019-2020 FAFSA or be eligible to submit a 2019-2020 FAFSA;
• Must not have been enrolled in a fully-online program as of March 13, 2020;
• Have documented financial need or hardship due to COVID-19.