WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Friday is the last day to apply for assistance with Inter-faith Ministries.
The organization's Operation Holiday helps provide low-income families with food, clothes, blankets and other basic needs to get them through the winter.
"It is a heartwarming thing like nothing else when you have a fmaily come through and this is what is going to make their holiday season for them," says director of Operation Holiday Ashley Davis.
To qualify for assistance, households must meet certain income requirements and apply in-person at one of these application sites.
• Atwater Neighborhood City Hall (2755 E. 19th)
• Colvin Neighborhood City Hall (2820 S. Roosevelt)
• Evergreen Neighborhood City Hall (2700 N. Woodland)
• Horace Mann Dual Language Magnet (1243 N. Market)
• Inter-Faith Ministries (IFM) Enrichment Center (902 N. Market)
• St. Anne Catholic Church (2801 S Seneca)
• Anderson Elementary (2945 Victoria)
• American Legion Hall (1335 N Hydraulic)
• Life Transformation Church (2040 N Westridge Drive)
Spanish speaking applicants may go to Colvin, Evergreen, Horace-Mann, or Anderson Elementary.
Distribution of goods will take place December 13-15 at the Operation Holiday warehouse located at Towne West Mall (4600 W. Kellogg, NW corner between Dick’s and Convergys).
Last year, Operation Holiday served more than 12,000 people across the Wichita area. For more information on requirements and eligibility, visit the Inter-faith Ministries website.