Kechi resident captures snake on doorbell camera
A Kechi woman is breathing a sigh of relief after someone helped capture a slithering and slimy visitor.
Mackenze Bullins says she was at work when she started getting alerts from her Nest Doorbell.
When she asked her husband to check the video they were surprised to see it wasn't a person but a snake causing the alarm.
"Apparently several of my friends and family got a good laugh out of my panic when a snake kept slithering around my front door to my home making my Nest doorbell go off," said Bullins.
In the video, you can see the snake peak its head into the camera before slithering down the door.
"Just way too big and too close for comfort!" said Bullins.
Bullins asked a friend to re-locate the snake, but she hopes no more critters get curious near near her home.
Naturalist Todd Volkmann says the snake in the video is a Western Rat Snake. They're common in the area, and they aren't poisonous. He says they can bite, so your best bet is not to touch them. He says they are known for climbing things.