Exploding battery pack leads to Derby house fire

Published: May. 16, 2019 at 11:41 AM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Derby fire officials identify the explosion of a laptop's battery pack as the cause of a house fire Wednesday night.

Firefighters were called to the home where they found fire coming from a desk.

Crews were able to put it out and discovered the cause.

The fire caused $50,000 damage to the home and extensive smoke damage.

Two children and a nanny were home at the time. No one was hurt.

The fire department says they've had calls where battery packs have blown up before. Usually, it's a charger for a power tool or other electronics. They say the laptop was more than 10 years old.

Latest News

Latest News