HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KWCH) An RV is a total loss after a fire broke out in Hutchinson Friday night.
Fire officials were called to the blaze near west 17th and Jefferson around 8:30 p.m. When firefighters arrived they saw the RV was fully engulfed, and flames were shooting up above the roof of a two-story apartment building nearby.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly, and prevent the fire from spreading to the apartment building.
No damage was done to the building, but the RV is a total loss. Damage is estimated at $1500. Fire officials determined the cause of the fire to be an engine malfunction in the RV.