Four-year-old girl, other victims expected to recover after N Wichita shooting

Published: Sep. 22, 2019 at 2:15 AM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
10 p.m.

In a neighborhood near 13th and Oliver, dozens of shots alarmed several people Sunday morning.

Seth Harrington said he heard ten to thirty shots. He lives next door to the home where a drive-by shooting happened around 12:35 a.m.

"I heard people hollering and screaming so i knew it was something else so i came back up and checked and just within a few seconds the police arrived," said Harrington

Police say the victims were a 23-year-old and 25-year-old man and a four-year-old girl. They all suffered serious, but non-life threatening injuries. The four-year-old was taken to the hospital by an officer in a patrol car before EMS arrived.

Police say one of the men who was shot was a documented gang member. Police say they don't believe this was a random incident and believe there are to be three unknown suspects.

Harrington says the shooting hits closer to home than just his location because his youngest daughter plays with the four-year-old girl who was shot. He says the girl comes over to their house to play, his daughter knew here, to him that's a big deal.

"She's been having a hard time with it all day," said Harrington.

Harrington says he's glad all the victims, especially the four-year-old girl are going to be ok, but he's going focus his attention on consoling his daughter

"We spend as much time with them, we comfort them, we hold them, we hug them, keep mindful of what they might be feeling, comfort them, whatever you can do to make them feel better." said Harrington.


Sunday, September 22, 2019

A young child, believed to be four-years-old, is among three people who were shot early Sunday in North Wichita.

Wichita Police tell us they were called to the 1500 block of N. Floberta, which is just north of 13th and Oliver, at around 12:35 a.m.

There, they found three people with gunshot wounds. One of them, a young child, was rushed to the hospital by police. The other two are adults.

"The other two victims were transported by EMS to the hospital," said WPD Sgt. Paul Kimble. "Everyone is doing fairly well, they are all stable at this point. They do have several injuries.. but they are stable."

Officers spent the morning hours at the scene interviewing witnesses and trying to identify suspects in the case.

No arrests have been made.

Watch for updates as we get them here on this page.

Latest News

Latest News