Greenwood County EM shares how to donate to Eureka tornado relief

EUREKA, Kan. The Greenwood County emergency manager shares how monetary donations should be made for those wishing to aid in the tornado recovery effort in Eureka.

Donations can be made to the Growing Greenwood Fund, an affiliate of the Emporia Community Foundation (ECF). The ECF has been designated by the City of Eureka to receive donations for the rebuilding efforts, the Greenowood County emergency manager says. Donations are tax deductible and will remain in the local community to benefit families, businesses and individuals in Eureka affected by the July 7 tornado, the emergency manager says.

Donations can be made online or through the mail. By mail, checks can be sent to the Greenwood County Extension Office at the following address: 311 N. Main, Eureka, KS, 67045. Checks should be made payable to the Emporia Community Foundation with "Eureka Tornado Relief" written on the memo line.

Where to make online donations: Growing Greenwood Fund