Joseph Randle bound over for trial on rape charge

(WICHITA, Kan.) Wichita native and former NFL player Joseph Randle can go to trial on charges of rape, kidnapping and battery against him.

Randle was charged last year in the incident in September of 2018 involving the mother of his son. The woman testified Tuesday during Randle's preliminary hearing about what happened at her apartment.

She says Randle came over for dinner and started drinking. She says he then asked her to have sex, she told him no, but he continued to demand her to do various sexual acts.

She says he started being aggressive and grabbed her neck at one point, putting her in a choke hold. She also said he punched her and that the sexual acts continued for hours and she never consented to any of it.

Randle spoke out during her testimony saying "she never said no". She says she ran out the back of the apartment and knocked on doors until she found a stranger who helped her call 911.

During the preliminary hearing, Randle's defense attorney stated multiple times that he believed Randle is not competent to stand trial. Randle interrupted his own attorney, saying competency isn't something he wants to address in court and asked cameras to be turned off.

The judge ruled there is enough evidence for the case to go to trial. The judge scheduled the next court hearing in the case for February 25th at 9:00 a.m.