More than $20 million awarded to improve safety, infrastructure at 27 KS airports
The U.S. Secretary of Transportation announced Wednesday its commitment to award $20.5 million in airport safety and infrastructure grants to 27 airports in Kansas.
The benefit to Kansas airports is part of a $520.5 million in federal support to airports across the U.S.
The goal is to keep our nation's airports in good shape and make air travel a better experience for passengers."
“This $520.5 million in federal support to airports across the country will help to keep our nation’s airports in good shape and make air travel a better experience for passengers,” says U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao.
• $306,000 to Augusta Municipal Airport for runway reconstruction.
•$450,000 to Cimarron Municipal Airport for taxiway and apron reconstruction.
• $153,375 to Shalz Field in Colby to update the Airport Master Plan.
• $567,000 to Blosser Municipal Airport in Concordia for taxiway lighting work and to seal taxiway pavement.
• $393,078 to Captain Jack Thomas Memorial Airport in El Dorado to install a runway guidance system and for runway lighting construction.
• $180,993 to Emporia Municipal Airport to acquire land for aircraft approaches.
• $1.73 million to Garden City Regional Airport for runway rehabilitation and to install runway incursion markings.
• $600,000 to Gardner Municipal Airport to acquire land for aircraft approaches.
• $1.44 million to Hays Regional Airport to reconstruct runway lighting and airfield guidance signs and to install visual guidance systems.
• $220,500 to Clyde Cessna Field in Kingman for runway pavement sealing.
• $3.61 million to Lawrence Municipal Airport for runway rehabilitation.
• $5.47 million to Mark Hoard Memorial Airport in Leoti for runway
reconstruction and to install airport beacons, NAVAIDS, taxiway lighting and visual guidance systems.
• $150,000 to Lyons-Rice County Municipal Airport to update the Airport Master Plan.
• $202,500 to McPherson Airport to update the Airport Master Plan.
• $454,639 to Meade Municipal Airport for runway lighting reconstruction and to install NAVAIDS, airfield guidance signs and visual guidance systems.
• $93,060 to Medicine Lodge Airport to conduct an airport-related environmental study.
• $91,935 to Ottawa Municipal Airport to install NAVAIDS.
• $466,259 to Tri-City Airport in Parsons for taxiway construction.
• $279,000 to Phillipsburg Municipal Airport for parking lot and access road construction.
• $517,500 to Russell Municipal Airport for runway and taxiway sealing.
• $450,000 to Cheyanne County Municipal Airport in St. Francis for runway pavement sealing.
• $349,200 to Rooks County Regional Airport to acquire snow removal equipment.
• $600,000 to Syracuse-Hamilton County Municipal Airport for hangar modifications.
• $225,000 to Ulysses Airport to update the Airport Master Plan.