Discarded cigarette causes SE Wichita house fire

WICHITA, Kan.(KWCH) Fire consumed a home in southeast Wichita Thursday morning.

Sedgwick County dispatchers say the fire broke out around 6:10 a.m. in the 12300 block of E Willowgreen Court, near 127th and Pawnee.

Dispatchers say everyone inside the home was able to make it out safely.

Thursday night, the Wichita Fire Department says the fire started from a discarded cigarette in the garage. The fire was contained to the garage, but caused about $100,000 in damage, WFD Deputy Fire Chief Stuart Bevis says.