Man arrested for deadly shooting at south Broadway hotel

Published: Dec. 10, 2019 at 4:48 AM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 6:28 p.m.

Wichita police arrested 40-year-old Tyrone Adams of Wichita on charges of first-degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm.

At approximately 11:45 p.m. on Monday, officers responded to a shooting call at the Country Inn in the 800 block of South Broadway. Upon arrival, the 34-year-old male victim was located inside his 2005 gray Ford F250 with a gunshot wound to his body. Officers began lifesaving techniques, but he died on the scene.

The investigation and reviewing evidence revealed the victim was from out of state and was in Wichita working and arrived at the location when he was contacted by Adams, who fired a handgun at the victim, striking him.

Adams was located shortly after the incident, nearby, and was arrested without further incident. Investigators also have recovered a handgun.

This was not a random incident. Additionally, Adams has previously been arrested and convicted on charges that include aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, attempted robbery, weapons violations, aggravated battery and possession of drugs.

The investigation is ongoing and the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.


Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 11:09 a.m.

Wichita police arrest a man in connection with a deadly shooting Monday night.

They say officers responding to a shooting call at the Country Inn, 803 S. Broadway, around 11:45 p.m.

They found a 34-year-old man with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Through their investigation and video evidence, they arrested a 40-year-old man and they're speaking with multiple individuals to figure out what happened.


One person is dead after a shooting at a Wichita motel overnight. It happened at around 11:45 p.m. at the Country Inn Motel on Broadway, just south of Kellogg.

When police got to the scene, they found a man in 30s with a gunshot wound to his upper body. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are not sure what led up to the shooting.

"We would later learn after talking to witnesses and looking at videos that an unknown male had approached the vehicle and fired one shot into the car striking the victim," said Captain Wendell Nicholson of the Wichita Police Department.

No word yet on whether any arrests were made.

Latest News

Latest News