WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) The Kansas Department of Commerce and KANSASWORKS will host a statewide job fair Thursday.
The job fair is from 2 to 6 p.m. in 11 different locations across the state. Each location is expected to have dozens of employers.
Organizers say the event will provide employers, veterans, and job seekers with the unique opportunity to connect face-to-face.
"Employers want that face-to-face interaction as well as the job seeker," George Marko said. "It may be your one and only opportunity to make a first impression.
Job seekers should bring a current resume and be prepared for a visit with employers on the spot.
"Be ready to impress these employers. It's a four-hour event from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. but time will be limited as far as the time they can speak with employers and the information they can share with them," said Marko.
The following cities will be participating in the statewide job fair:
• Colby: Colby Community College, Multi-Purpose Room, 1255 South Range
• El Dorado: Train Depot, 430 N. Main Street
• Kansas City: Wyandotte County Workforce Center, 626 Minnesota Avenue
• Independence: Memorial Hall Civic Center, 410 N. Pennsylvania Avenue
• Lawrence: Peaslee Technical Center, 2920 Haskell Avenue, #100
• Leavenworth: Leavenworth County Workforce Center, 515 Limit Street, Suite 200
• Manhattan: Holiday Inn Across from the Campus, 1641 Anderson Avenue
• Overland Park: Johnson County Public Library, Central Resource Library, 9875 West 87th Street
• Salina: The Kansas Army National Guard Training Center, Building 365, 2929 Scanlan Avenue
• Topeka: West Ridge Mall, Lower Center Court, 1801 SW Wanamaker Road
• Wichita: Wichita Workforce Center, 2021 North Amidon Avenue
For more information, job seekers and employers may visit www.kansascommerce.gov or call (877) 509-6757.